Roadmap, upgrading and release notes¶
This project implements support for source-code annotations in PHP (5.3+).
Referencing established practices and proven features of annotation-support from other languages and platforms with native support for annotations (mainly C#/.NET and Java), this library implements a complete, “industrial strength” annotation engine for PHP, drawing on the strengths (while observing the limitations) of the language.
The current status of the individual components is as follows:
- The core annotation framework (and API) is stable and complete.
- Documentation is being written.
- Some standard annotations are still stubs or only partially done.
- A fully documented demonstration script is available.
The current release consists of the following components:
- Core annotation framework. (adds support for annotations)
- Self-contained unit test suite.
A library of useful standard (PHP-DOC and other) annotations has been started, but is incomplete.
Version 1.1.x introduces some incompatibilities with previous versions:
- The cache-abstraction has been removed - refer to this note explaining why. If you wrote your own cache-provider, you should remove it.
- If you derived custom annotation-types from the
Annotation\Annotationbase-class, you must rename the
map()- the underscore suggested a private method, but this method is actually protected.